What is it?
- The use of worms to aid in the breakdown of organic waste.
How does it work?
- Organic waste is mulched then, the spread over one of the many worm beds.
- The waste is steadily digested by the worms over the next few weeks.
What are the benefits?
- After breaking down the waste, worm castings or “vermicast” leaves the soil with higher levels of minerals and microbial life.
- This bacteria helps plants more easily absorb nutrients (minerals) from the soil.
- Results in better plant growth and stronger, healthier plants.